Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Can it be morning already?!?!

So here is my first official post!
I can't even begin to describe how excited I am for this trip to Costa. After starting to think about it and planning everything starting around November, it seemed like June 1st would never get here... but now it's less than 12 hours away!!!!

These last two days have been so crazy. I've made about 20 trips to Walmart/Target/Academy because I kept thinking of little things that I didn't have. It's also taken me a solid two days to pack for this beauty of a trip. After using our bathroom scale, my suitcase currently reads 50.5 pounds. Hopefully the luggage people are feeling nice and won't charge me for it being too heavy. Not to mention that my backpack is stuffed full... mostly with food it seems like. I didn't realize all of the little things that I would need to do before leaving: calling the credit card companies to let them know that I'm going out of the country, buy the most random things such as wrinkle-free spray and ankle high socks so I don't get blisters, download all of my class files to my computer in case I don't have internet access, and of course get a haircut so I can look somewhat presentable.

Looking back on the whole process of planning this trip, I am so relieved that it is finally almost here. I still remember all of the advising appointments that I had with both study abroad advisors and financial aid advisors. Not to mention the four vaccinations that I had to get, which was not fun at all. All of the hard work is finally about to pay off! As much as I'm going to miss everyone, this is going to be a once in a lifetime experience for me. I could not be more pleased with the trip that I'm going on. First of all I LOVE traveling so I was already happy. But to make things even better, it has always been one of my dreams to go to a rainforest... and now I get to live in one for two weeks!

I'll keep this updated as much as I can. Hopefully I will be able to at least every other day. But until then, I'm going to try to get some sleep. "Try" being the keyword. I'm way too excited right now thinking about all the monkeys, beaches, and whatever else lies in front of me. Next time I get to post on here, I will be there! Wut?!?!

COSTA RICA HERE I COME!!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment