Sunday, June 26, 2011

From coast to coast

What a LONG day. This morning, we left Playa del Coco at 9:30 and headed for Puerto Limon... and we didn't get here until about 7. The journey was from the Pacific coast (the west side of the country) all the way to the Caribbean coast (east side). I didn't mind the bus ride at all considering I slept or listened to music almost the whole way. It's almost fun riding the bus because we can all hang out and talk or we can ignore each other by listening to our ipods.

This city of Limon is not what I expected. Maybe it is just because we got here at night, but it looks like a pretty rough place. It might also just be that Dr. Brannstrom kept warning us to be really cautious here. I don't know all of the history about Limon, but it is more African based and a lot of the people here were at once immigrants from Jamaica. It's going to be completely different than all of our other cities... so I'm excited for that! And tomorrow we are taking a bus to a beach that is about an hour away yay! I love the beaches here.

Welp this is officially my shortest post yet! There isn't too much that can go on when you are stuck inside a bus all day long. Time to go watch the rest of Across the Universe!

No comments:

Post a Comment