Monday, June 6, 2011

Today we got to collect some more data! This morning, we split into groups of 4 and went on a new trail in the rainforest! This one wasn't as long, but the place where my group collected our data we had to walk through grass that was up to about my chest. That wasn't all too fun, but (here comes my nerdy side talking) we collected soil moisture content of a 5x5 meter area. After we were done collecting data, we came back and worked on another assignment all day long.

Tonight has been fun though! Since we finished early, we have had some free time. Right now I'm sitting outside with 4 other people. We are looking down the sidewalk from our bungalos which overlooks all the lights from the city. I'm not sure what city it is... but seeing all the lights at a distance is really cool. It feels amazing outside tonight too because it's finally not too humid for once. And there are so many stars! This is the first night that this many stars have been out and they are EVERYWHERE! I'm so glad that we finished early tonight so that we could have this free time. We are taking pictures leaving the shutter open for a long time so that we can draw things in the picture with a lazer pointer haha

Aside from Costa Rica... today has been another reminder as to why Fish Camp is one of the most important things to me. I was able to talk to a lot of people from Camp Edwards today and also a couple from Camp Allen. It was so nice to catch up with everyone that I got to talk to! Fish Camp has been the thing that has impacted my college experience the most up to this point, and seeing how much everyone cares about me and how close I am to them makes me love the organization even more. I can truly say that my best friends have come from Fish Camp, and I do not know what I would do without it.

There was my sentimental moment... but now I'm going to go take more pictures and enjoy this nice evening! Sorry, I don't really have any pictures today to upload since we were at the Center all day. But more will come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment