Sunday, June 19, 2011

Hah I know I just posted a blog a few hours ago, but I want to try to keep up to date! We rolled into our next city, Liberia, today around 6! It sucked because it was already dark when we got here, but we will be here for 3 nights so we have plenty of time to explore. Our hotel definitely isn't as nice as the one in La Fortuna and this city seems like it's going to be a little more sketchy, but hey we're still in Costa Rica. I am rooming with Kelly while we are here (the guy who told me the motto "don't let the classroom get in the way of your education") so I'm super excited about getting to hang out with him more and getting to know him better! We haven't been able to do anything here besides go to dinner which was surprisingly really good. I'm glad that I can get internet in my room even though it is crazy slow.


The drive here was so much fun! I LOVE driving through Costa and just looking out the window. Everything is so beautiful, so I didn't mind that it took a little less than 4 hours to get here. I had my window down so that I could take pictures and just feel the breeze as we went through the Costa Rican landscape. We made a couple of pit stops, and one was at a little "shop" that was on the side of the road. By shop, I mean that there was a cart that was selling a few handmade things. I bought an awesome photo album that is made out of natural Costa Rican things like banana leaves! I'm really excited to put pictures from this trip in it.

I'm starting to miss people back home more now. I love hanging out with the people here, but we are together for all day everyday so we need breaks from each other... which is becoming evident. I'm bummed that I had to miss a Camp Edwards roadtrip this weekend and that I couldn't be home with my dad for Father's Day. I'm still loving everything about this trip though. Especially this country in general. Everything about it has been so cool and relaxing. I wouldn't mind having a house here at all!

And I can't believe I forgot to write about this in my blog earlier today... the sun rises here about 5:15 in the morning, which is really inconvenient when the shades in the hotel room at La Fortuna SUCKED. Basically, the sun woke me up a little after 5 and I could not fall back asleep for the life of me because it was so bright. That's when I used my college education, as well as having a room to myself, to my advantage. I realized that I had a huge bathroom, so I took my matress off my bed and dragged it into the bathroom, closed the door, and slept there for a few more hours! Probably not my finest moment, but I slept so much better in there because of how dark it was. I have a picture to prove it. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment