Saturday, June 25, 2011

Livin the beach life

Ah I forgot to write something for yesterday! I'll try to write down everything that I can remember/focus on the highlights. So yesterday, Eric, Brandon, Shelly, and I toured the city of Playa del Coco for about 3 hours. We just started walking around like we usually do and got lost for a while. Of course we ended up finding our way back... I'm glad we got lost though. We ended up at basically a Goodwill store and Eric and I both bought some old school shorts! Then we got back to our hotel, swam in the pool, went to the beach, swam in the pool some more, and basically just hung out. Later that night, we finally got some people to go out! Brandon, Shelly, Hannah, Sarah, and I all went to a bar/restaurant/lounge place right down the street. Apparently in Costa Rica they believe in "girl's night", so the girls got free drinks from 9-11 (lucky them). The bar also had hookah, so the 5 of us rented one and just hung out for a few hours talking. It was an awesome night! We also talked to some of the locals for a while there and had a great night.

As for today... woke up this morning and it was raining. Womp womp. Everyone had planned to go to a different beach right down the road today, but the rain ruined that plan at first. It didn't stop raining until around 3 ish, so we were kinda forced to just stay at the hotel and get some work done. Finally when the rain let up, we called a taxi and went to the other beach. This was our first time using a taxi in Costa Rica which was pretty exciting considering I had to speak to the guy in Spanish since he hardly knew any English. I was impressed with how much I remembered! I even held a little conversation with him and asked him questions. The beach was AWESOME. It was in an inlet and since it had rained all day, there were huge waves that we body-surfed on forever. The waves dumped us literally right on the shore, so we would be covered in sand and all got scratched up every time we caught a wave. We threw the frisbee around a little, body-surfed for a long time, and walked around the cove to an area where there were a bunch of rock formations. I'll upload the pics tomorrow, but the rock formations were so cool! We climbed up on top of them and took a bunch of pictures. It was so beautiful and was definitely the best part of the beach. I think we're going back there tomorrow! I know this one isn't too descriptive, but it hasn't been too eventful of a day and I'm so tired and don't feel like writing a lot. I covered the best parts haha

New life goals that I've figured out while studying abroad:
1. become fluent in Spanish
2. learn to break-dance and salsa
3. become an international business major (or don't?) and start my own business in Costa Rica taking people out on a catamaran to go snorkeling
4. more to come later....

I'm too tired to finish this now. I will tomorrow for sure

Oh... me and Eric bought Cuban cigars for tomorrow. Cross it off the bucket list. Score!
4.

No comments:

Post a Comment