Wednesday, June 22, 2011

This city is awesome!

I love Playa del Coco... hands down. Everyone was so happy when we pulled up and noticed that our hotel/resort is about 100 yards from the beach. And in the plaza, instead of there being lots of benches and stores, there is a soccer field! We used it today to play frisbee, but it is my goal to play some futbol with the locals at some time. I'm sure I would get made fun of though since I'm terrible at soccer. Right when we got here today, everyone put on their swim suits and we got some lunch at an awesome restaurant. I'll have pictures of it soon because I'm sure we will go back there. Then we all went to the beach and swam of course! The water was surprisingly pretty warm and there are tons of fishing boats in the cove that we are in, but it is so pretty here. The water isn't as blue as I was expecting, but NOTHING on this entire trip has gone as expected. I've learned to just accept that everything is going to be a huge surprise.

After the beach, we came back and swam at our hotel pool! This hotel is awesome. I'm staying in a 3 person room with Eric and Brandon which already told me that this part of the trip is going to be so much fun. The hotel makes a "u" shape around the pool and it is all outdoors with a bunch of cool lights! This city is pretty small though compared to Liberia. I can't wait to see more, since we all got overly excited today and only went to the beach or our hotel pool.

Something is starting to get a little annoying... I know that we are on a study abroad trip, but it feels like everyone is doing too much studying. Yea we have assignments and they take some time, but the last few nights, everyone has disappeared into their rooms as soon as they eat dinner. WE ARE IN COSTA RICA! Put of schoolwork a little and have fun. I'm not asking to go out to bars every night, but at least hang out with everyone and be social. I was fine with it at first, but it's starting to get old. I really hope everyone realizes this and people start to not care as much and have more fun!
 "Don't let the classroom get in the way of your education"

No comments:

Post a Comment